Wednesday, 21 March 2012
A WIP at the moment, still working with the type! We were recommended to strip back as much clutter as possible to see what we could get away with, this was a lot more busy to begin with. The tricky part is then balancing the remaining elements; which is hard but interesting too :D
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
I'm doing my final project on Pinocchio :] This post shows a 2-day mini-project in which 2 images from my research file were picked by a classmate, and then used by me as inspiration for at least 8 images about my project. It was a brilliant exercise for generating ideas!
A selection of spreads from my final book for my War of the Worlds project. Each page is A4 (so these double-page spreads are A3 images).
I’m fairly happy with SOME of the layouts heheh; the aim was to portray a sense of immense scale, the tiny-ness of humanity’s place in this extermination, and the bleakness of the whole event. I wanted to portray these aspects of the book through the lesser events; the vivid descriptions which were packed full of cool imagery but were only a couple of lines long!
PS The program I used to shrink the images down for the web obviously hates colour and texture. >:o
Thursday, 10 November 2011
The cover and some sample pages from a great 2-day book project looking at experimentation with typography. Turns out type isn’t scary :D it is tricky though. I did manage to bind it in the end which was good, since itgave me a chance to see how much I could produce, completed, in the 2 days we were given. Note: we were advised that the project was about experimentation with typefaces, and the book can take a 'sketchbook-y' direction.
Tuesday, 8 November 2011
Wednesday, 5 October 2011
It's the beginning of Year 3, and we were given lovely Archive boxes to create a space inside which would represent our idea for the first project. Mine was based on repeating figures in horror: tall, thin, elongated creatures which stalk about and generally be creepy. Obviously this was a fairly weak idea as it didn't really have any direction, but it made for cool boxinsides. During the exhibition of all our boxes, I kept the lid on mine and forced viewers to use the little eye holes in the front, so the interior remained extra dingey and eerie.